Why am I Coaching Endurance Athletes?
From the time I started my journey to wellness I had lots and lots of help from all sorts of people. That help was formal and informal. I had help with nutrition, building base fitness, dealing with heat, hydration, all of it. I have been coaching endurance athletes since 2012 so that I can pass along what I learned and pay the sports that changed my life forward. It’s been a fulfilling experience for me and one that I will continue for the rest of my life.
These experiences have led me to research and pursue formal training so that I can be more effective in my coaching. I am currently a USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach. I am part of a very talented staff serving under head coach, USA Triathlon Level II Certified coach and SMU Faculty member and lecturer David Bertrand with the largest Triathlon Club in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area, the DFW Tri Club. I am also certified under USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach Trey Yost to perform Blood Lactate Testing and have performed dozens of these test for runners and triathletes.
Qualifications – Been there, done that!
Some highlight events of my endurance life are:
- Finisher – Ironman Texas 2015
- Finisher – Ironman Maryland 2014
- Finisher – Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake 2014
- Finisher –118th Boston Marathon (2014)
- Finisher – Ironman 70.3 California Oceanside 2014
- 117th Boston Marathon 2013 (Short of finishing at Mile 23 due to bombing)
- Finisher – Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake 2013
- Finisher – Ironman 70.3 California Oceanside 2013
- Finisher – Marine Corps Marathon 2012
Do you still have questions about where I have been and what I have done? Check out my Athlinks Profile. These aren’t all of my races, but are a large number of them.